- This site was upgraded in 2015 and was funded by RADF (Regional Arts Development Fund) and UnitingCare Community.
The initial site was funded by the Betty Wakely-Bunkell estate.
Neil Woodgate, an executor of the Estate, purchased the domain names muttaburra.com, muttaburra.net and muttaburra.org on September 10, 2001 and began to seek web developers on October 4, 2001. His time, the donation of funds from the Betty Wakely-Bunkell estate and his commitment have enabled the development of a web site for the Muttaburra community and told its story to the world.
Her philanthropy includes but is not limited to the following:
- The development of a programme for the internet delivery of medical advice and services for juvenile diabetic sufferers, supervised by the Royal Children’s Hospital.
- A trial by Royal Children’s Hospital of the tele-conferencing delivery of palliative care services to terminally ill western Queensland children who wish to die in their own home.
- Provision of hospital beds to Longreach and Winton Hospitals.
- Computers for Mt Isa and Charleville School of the Air.
- Substantial contribution towards a classroom for Mt Isa, to be used by School of the Air children when they have seminars in Mt Isa.
- Computers for the Quilpie Convent.
- Lifeline Suicide prevention program in six towns in western Queensland.
- Wheelchairs for children in western Queensland with muscular dystrophy.
- The 1 000 children theatre programme being conducted by the Fame Children’s Theatre in Blackall between August 4 and 8, Barcaldine between August 11 and 15, and Longreach between August 18 and 22 in 2003. The theme in each town will be “I am Australian”.
- Storytellers Meg Philp [Churchill Fellow] and Sue Robin, will present craft seminars in storytelling for school children in Muttaburra and Jericho between July 28 and August 8, 2003.
- Stephen Leek, founder and composer from the internationally renowned youth choir Australian Voices is presently composing a choir work lasting 18 minutes titled Muttaburra. This work is expected to be completed in October, 2003.
- Substantial contribution to a sculpture by Rhyl Hinwood titled Tribute to Pioneer Women at Hall of Fame, Longreach.
For more information in regards to the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Estate, please contact Neil Woodgate.  5445 1207.
Usage of this site
All efforts have been made to ensure that information is correct in all sections. If you consider that something is incorrect or have additional information, please contact us with the relevant supporting documents and the information will be updated. Any additional information is welcome as it will add to the value of Muttaburra’s community web site, retain the history of the area and also help collect any lost history and information. Please use this page to send us any information updates.
The original development of the muttaburra.com site was made possible by a bequest from the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Estate to the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust.
- The Trust owns all title and interest in all content used in the Muttaburra domains: Muttaburra.com; Muttaburra.org; Muttaburra.net.
- Griffith University owns all rights to the original administration tools utilised in the original web site.
Disclaimer and linking information
The materials presented in this web page are distributed as an information source only.
The information on this site is subject to change without notice.
The Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust makes no statements, representations, or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or finality of any information contained in this publication. Although the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust uses its best efforts to ensure that information provided to it by a user is stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised persons, it makes no warranties to that effect.
The Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust disclaims all responsibility and all liability to you or any other person for any loss, injury, damage, costs, expenses or compensation of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, any act or omission of the Trust in relation to this publication including, without limitation, the:
- availability, functionality or performance of the publication;
- electronic transmission, receipt authentication, lodgement or any other dealing whatsoever with electronic documents or mail or any other data;
- provision of incomplete or inaccurate information;
- use of automatic language translation devices in connection with this publication.
The Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that documents on this site are free of viruses, however, the Trust does not guarantee that all content is safe. The content found by using links provided in this publication may not be created, controlled, or approved by the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust. No responsibility is taken for the consequences of viewing and relying on such content.
Linking to muttaburra.com
In order to be able to link to information on this site, you will need to agree to the linking conditions and obtain approval of the Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust administration. To obtain a copy of the agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your email contains the following information:
- Company/Organisation Name
- Contact Name
- Email Address
- URL of internet site that will link to muttaburra.com
- Nature of your company/organisation’s web site.
This web site may contain links to, or frame, web sites of third parties (“external sites”). The Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust is not required to maintain or update the links.
Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this web site.
Betty Wakley-Bunkell Muttaburra Domain Name Trust makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.